Renovating your bathroom offers many more possibilities than ever. Now you can take it from a utilitarian room to one that is a showpiece. Even a small bathroom can take on more depth than you thought possible.
Below are some tips to help make sure you get the most when you renovate your bathroom.
- Decide on a budget for the project before you do anything else. Since most people can’t afford to use a “money is no object” attitude in doing a renovation, this is an important step.
- Take pictures of the bathroom as is, not forgetting any part of it and use these pictures in deciding what changes are to be made in the room. Plan each change right down to the materials to be used and get pricing as you go. This lets you change your mind on parts of the renovation before committing to the final plan so you can stay within your budget. If you are using a contractor for the renovation, sit down with the contractor to map out the renovation plans so you both know exactly what is to be done.
- Consider a theme to help make laying out a plan easier. A theme will let you tied different features together so the flow of the room is consistent. It also help you narrow down choices in what fixtures, colors and other features so your plan falls in place easier and faster. This could mean starting the project itself sooner.
- Before materials and colors are finalized, get samples so you can see how they will look together. Mistakes in color and material choices can be avoided this way.
- As work progresses, recheck your original plans to be sure the project is going according to plans and meets your expectations.
When planning to renovate the bathroom, you might consider using bathroom glass. It will give more depth to smaller bathrooms and give larger bathrooms a more sophisticated look and character. The glass tiles come in many styles and used creatively, can make any bathroom seem like a work of art itself.
When your bathroom renovation project is completed, your bathroom will be far different than the room it was before the project began, especially if it was a complete renovation from floor to ceiling. When you are finished with your renovation project, take pictures of every part of the room again and compare them to the pictures you took before any work was done. You will be amazed by the difference in the room. It will be hard to believe it is even the same room.