Are you familiar with double glazed windows? “Double glazed” means adding another layer of glass. The increased thickness of glass provides more insulation value. Each of the two layers of glass is able to trap heat. This makes double glazed windows indispensable in preventing heat loss inside your home or workplace. Most homeowners in Australia prefer having double glazed windows because of its many advantages.
Double Glazed Windows Advantages:
- Great savings on energy costs. With double glazed windows, you have thermal insulation. These windows decrease the flow or outgoing and incoming heat. Because of this, your home or workplace spends less energy in cooling down or heating up all inhabited spaces. Less energy spent is equal to lower bills to pay.
- Decreased condensation. When moisture meets a warm glass surface, droplets of water form. The droplets then freeze into bits of frost, which makes the rooms colder. You tend to increase your heating levels when this happens. These windows have air in between glass layers. This air, together with the airtight seal, keeps condensation from taking place.
- Sound insulation. With these windows, a sound barrier is created between the outside environment and the inner home or work environment.
- Safety and security. These windows are tougher and more challenging to break. The thief will just go home frustrated because of futile window breaking attempts.
- Furniture damage is reduced. With these windows, there is less sun damage to carpets, paintings, furniture, and other light or heat sensitive objects.
Think about the savings and the home improvement you can gain from an extra layer of glass on your window. The given list of prices should help you in deciding the right type of double glazed windows you need for your home or workplace.
Want to know more about double glazed windows? Read our double glazed windows fast facts blog post!